Some interesting facts about our eyes
– you blink your eyes more when you are talking and blink less when you are reading books or newspaper, which is why your eyes get tired quickly
on average, you blink 18 times per minute.
– our eye color is depend on the level of melanin (A dark brown pigment) in our iris.
brown eyes have more melanin than blue eyes.
– people say “in the blink of an eye” because it’s the fastest muscle in our body. it’s possible to blink five times in 1 second.
– our eye contains 104 million cells which are sensitive to light.
about 9 million ‘CONE’ (cell) help you to see colors and nearly 95 million ‘ROD’ cells help you to see better in dark
our eyes can distinguish between 10 million different colors
– 20/20 vision just means your vision is normal. eye doctors have determined what people should normally be able to read on a chart from 20 feet away.